Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Can a landlord give you one ten day notice before he takes you to court if your lease says 3 10 day notices?

long story short LL lives in brooklyn NY comes up to my apt in Scranton Pa every friday. I sent the money order out 2 weeks ago yesterday he says he never got it and gave me a 10 day notice and said if its not fixed he will go to court after the 10 days, well I sent the whole money order because I have never used money orders before usually pay the LL cash but i just moved here last month. and i thought i would get a receipt when he came down on fridays. now in my lease it says " that the violation of any of the covenants of this agreement or the nonpayment of any rent due and unpaid shall be sufficient cause for eviction from said premises upon three (10) days written notice thereof by registered mail or by personal services" now this means he should have to give me 2 more before he goes to court right? its not like im looking forward to this I want to find this mail somehow. im in the state of Pa city of scranton if you know the specifics of this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment