Sunday, November 13, 2011

Changing a gas fire for electric?

My elderly dad has one of those open flame gas fires that ignites from the bottom. He is finding it difficult to turn it off because he's just had a knee op. Anyway, I thought I would get him a new one that you can ignite from the top but the fire company have said that they can't fit one unless they rip out the old fire and the surrounding fireplace (apparently it's all one) and he doesn't want the upheaval. So, I was thinking of getting him an electric fire to stand in front of the gas fire but I'm not sure if they are cost effective and give out enough heat. It's really dangerous when I see him trying to turn the gas fire off as his head is hovering over the open flames. Does anyone have any ideas for a good, efficient electric fire? Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment