Saturday, November 12, 2011

Does anyone know where I can get a VERY low friction electric motor?!?

I have to do a science project in which I attach a small pendulum to an electric motor and see how far the pendulum can swing when it is made to fall, and how much energy it is able to produce thru the electric motor when it falls. I need the motor to have very low friction or resistence to the pendulum's motion because I need the pendulum to swing about 95-97% of the way around in a circle when it falls, so I must make the pendulum lose as little energy as possible to friction and stuff. I have used other motors and have been able to get the pendulum to go about 87% of the way around, but I need to get it to go 95-97% of the way around. I can try putting it in a vacuum chamber to eliminate air friction too but really what I need right now is a very low friction electric motor.

No comments:

Post a Comment